Reports To: Accountant
Main Role: Accounting Associate is responsible for daily accounting entries of company transactions. The Associate prepares weekly and month-end profit and loss and cash reports.
Obtains financial data for use in maintaining accounting records and performs bookkeeping functions.
ESSENTIAL TASKS include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare supporting documentation and post journal entries to computerized accounting software
- Maintain accounts in computerized data base
- Compile reports required by management and other governmental agencies
- Compute and record charges, refunds, and adjustments
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, account statements, reports, and other documents
- Reconcile accounts receivable and general ledger accounts
- Resolve billing discrepancies with suppliers
- Perform related duties as to specific assignments
- Provide service to managers, supervisors, co-workers and others by answering questions, providing
information, making referrals, and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in Accounting, or
- Three years work experience in accounting
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read and interpret documents
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers
- Calculate figures on a 10-key calculator
- Use computer software programs and/or applications
- Solve problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Interpret a variety of instructions
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles
- Use computer software and/or program applications
If you're interested, kindly send your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org » or for more questions, contact Mr.Darwin-09152153540